Wolfgang Palm is pleased to announce the PPG WaveGenerator for Mac OS X and Windows. The PPG WaveGenerator first appeared as an iOS App and received widespread acclaim from public and press alike.
Computer Music said “One of the best, most professional synths on iPad, Wavegenerator will knock the socks off PPG fans and newcomers alike.”
Sound on Sound said “PPG WaveGenerator may be an app, but it is as powerful as any VI you’ll have on your desktop. This implementation of wavetable synthesis is as fresh and exciting as the day its predecessor was introduced.”
Now the same great synth takes advantage of the additional power found on desktop and laptop computers to allow users to use this as a in their favourite Mac and PC DAW as a 64 or 32 bit VST for Cubase, REAPER, and other popular DAWs and Audio Units (AU) for Apple Logic Pro X and Garageband (version 22.214.171.124)
The PPG WaveGenerator comes with a multitude of wavetables. The sound material contains the typical sounds from the original PPG wave models, as well as many new sounds generated by versatile analysis tools and also hand edited waves. This plugin enables the user, to create his own wavetables in a playful way, and to hear the result immediately. Also you can construct the waves by adding harmonics very precise.
Another way is to transform a picture into a wavetable. You can load bitmaps via drag & and directly hear the result as wavetable sweep.
The waves are collected in a grid of 256 fields, to which the 3 oscillators of the synthesizer have arbitrary and independent access. The Parameters of the synthesizer are divided into modules, which allows easy, yet powerful editing. It contains 3 oscillators with independent control of pitch and waveform. Each oscillator has its own glide, which gives a very dynamic sound. With a sophisticated routing system, the diverse modulation sources can be connected to all important control points. The complexity of WaveGenerator is comparable with a modular system.
The schematic keyboard is configurable totally freely, so you can setup all well-known musical scales, but also all imaginable custom scales that best fit into your music.
PPG WaveGenerator benefits from the knowledge we collected from our iPad product. So you have features like X/Y control after the key on event. A comfortable browser lets you sort the sound programs; you can categorize and rate them. Also complete custom sound banks may be created. All significant parameters are controllable via MIDI. There is a built in context specific help for all pages and modules.
• Creation of your own waves and wavetables
• Playful sound creation simply by drawing or picking harmonics
• 256 waves assembled within a wave grid
• 3 Audio Oscillators
• 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations
• Classic 24 dB low pass filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
• Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
• 13 Envelopes, for control of pitch, waveform, filter, noise, gain, and panning
• 4 LFOs
• Powerful Step Sequencer with playback arpeggiator
• Delay/Reverb effect
• Audio engine with 2 synthesis modes, and variable wave blending quality.
• Directly accessible context help for each module
• Transform pictures into a sound !
• Free configurable schematic keypad, with extremely expressive modulation possibilities.
• PPG WaveGenerator comes with more than 300 sounds of all categories, created by our sound designer team.
• Transfer patches from the iPad app to the desktop app.
Mac: VST 64 and 32bit, AU 64 and 32 bit.
Windows: VST 64 and 32bit
Other formats are being considered.