After the huge success of the PPG Phonem VST/AU plugin, we optimized the sound-engine to make it run pretty well on the iPad. It has also been adapted to make best use of multi-touch and comes with IAA and AU-extension.
PPG Phonem lets the user create expressive vocal synthesis beyond anything ever heard before. With its advanced routing system every aspect of the voice can be controlled and modulated in any conceivable way. Anything from a quiet whisper to a scream. Use the intuitive text to speech tool to make Phonem say whatever you want.
Although the PPG Phonem was originally designed to do just vocal synthesis, it turned out that the system was also capable of producing a wide range of universal synthsizer sounds. So we extended the parameter ranges and made everything accessible to the user, to take advantage of this fact.
The human voice is a very complex system, which can produce a wide range of sounds. It is however restricted by natural physical dimensions. Phonem does not impose limits, letting you create all the filter configurations and sweeps you could only ever have dreamed of.
The heart of the system is a multi resonator filter with 12 individual resonators which can produce vocal sounds as well as all kinds of filter sweeps and effects. This is combined with a very flexible excitation source which can work as a simulation for the human vocal source (the glottis) but also use wavetables and time-corrected-samples (TCS) to drive the filter.
The user can dig into every detail of a synthesized utterance, right down to the individual phonemes. Each phoneme can be adjusted to meet the voice of an individual character or a dialect. Additional there is a pitch-track and a control-track which makes the voice sing with phrasing and expression. A little inspiration and imagination allows the user to create whatever they wish.
PPG Phonem comes with a modulation matrix - allowing 19 sources to control 40 parameters. In this way the vocals or sound effects can be modified rhythmically using LFOs, envelopes or two X/Y control pads. All these modifications can of cause be recorded into the controlling DAW.
For speech or vocal synthesis a versatile excitation generator is provided. But we did not leave it at that and added a wavetable and TCS system, which adds a new dimension to the sound palette. Wavetables can be imported from WaveGenerator or created and edited, TCS can be imported and modified from WaveMapper 2.
Phonem comes with more than 500 presets made by our sounddesigner team. The browser page allows you to list and sort your sounds. Besides that you can copy presets to another list.
- Create your own singing style and expressions
- Large Phoneme inventory - 46 english/american plus 5 german plus 4 french phonemes
- Versatile excitation generator/oscillator
- Working with typical voice source or wavetable and time-corrected-samples (TCS)
- Extreme time stretching, freezing and reversing
- Pitch track - let your robots sing
- Control track - let it cry and shout
- Song mode - making it easy to compose your synthesized text
- Wave page - create your own wavetables and modify time-corrected-samples
- Import WTS and TCS files from the iPad WaveGenerator and WaveMapper
- All internal parameters available to the user - give your voices a special dialect or individual character
- Versatile matrix system - allowing 19 sources to control 40 parameters
- Two X/Y control pads freely routable to 40 parameters
- 6 Envelopes, for control of filter sweeps, waveform, noise and many modulations
- 4 LFOs plus Vibrato, Flutter and Growl generators
- Fully programmable resonator filter - allowing production of new sound effects
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Overdrive/Distortion effect
- A/B compare your edited sounds
- AU extension - run multiple Phonem instances in AU hosts
- IAA - inter-app audio support
- Audiobus 2 with statesaving
- 10 min audio recording and Audio copy to the pasteboard
- Redesigned browser with new listing filters
- Directly accessible context help for each module
- Freely configurable schematic keypads, with extremely expressive modulation options
- 4 Keypads play modes: Poly, Mono, Legato and Multitrigger.
- 4 MIDI modes: Omni, Poly, Mono, and Voice-Per-Channel.